Type 2 Diabetes Medication Lawsuit Attorneys
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is when your body has an issue that causes blood glucose (sugar) levels to be raised higher than normal, resulting in hyperglycemia. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. With Type 2 Diabetes, the body begins to build a resistance to insulin which create the need to bring down blood glucose levels. Because of this, the pancreas must create more insulin than normal. When the pancreas does not create enough, the symptoms of diabetes become apparent.
Type 2 Diabetes accounts for 90-95% of all diabetic diagnosed cases in adults. There are over 29 million individuals who have been diagnosed with diabetes in the U.S.
Many individuals experience problems from Type 2 Diabetes. Side effects include but are not limited to:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Skin issues
There are different ways to manage Type 2 Diabetes that include:
- Monitoring blood sugar
- Eating healthy
- Regular exercise
- Diabetic medication or insulin therapy
Medication Use Linked to Pancreatic Cancer
Diabetic medication is a common form of management used.
Those with Type 2 Diabetes who are taking the medications listed below are at an increased risk of developing pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis.
- BYETTA – a twice-daily injection that imitates the effect of glucagon-like peptide-1, which is a hormone that increases the production of insulin when the blood sugar of an individual is high.
- JANUVIA – a once-daily pill that is used to help lower blood glucose levels. It helps increase insulin production by the pancreas and decrease the amount of sugar produced by the liver.
- JANUMET – once a week injection that has the same ingredients as Byetta but longer lasting.
- VICTOZA – Once daily injection that has same ingredients of Byetta.
Your Legal Options
If you or a loved one has suffered or been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer due to the use of Byetta, Januvia, Janumet, or Victoza, contact our firm today for a free consultation on your potential lawsuit.