Forklifts are an essential piece of machinery on many construction sites. However, lack of training for forklift drivers, improper safety practices, improper drift and unstable loads can lead to serious forklift injuries. Forklift drivers and other workers nearby are all endangered by negligence and defective forklifts.
If you suffered serious injuries or if your loved one was killed in a forklift accident on a
construction site, our attorneys can help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
At Provost Umphrey Law Firm L.L.P., we have been representing individuals in Beaumont and throughout Texas since 1969. We help individuals, workers and their families fight back against companies and insurance companies in a range of personal injury cases.
Rollover Accidents: The Leading Cause of Fatal Forklift Accidents
Rollover accidents are the leading cause of fatalities in forklift accidents. Rollover accidents can be caused by:
- A shift in the load that the forklift is carrying
- Driving the forklift too quickly
- Making turns too sharply or quickly
- Uneven ground on the construction site
- A steep slope on the construction site
In each instance listed above, both the driver and individuals nearby can suffer serious or fatal injuries. Individuals can be crushed under forklifts or suffer catastrophic brain injuries when the forklifts roll.
Causes of Forklift Accidents
Although rollover accidents account for the most fatalities, there are numerous other types of accidents can lead to serious injuries. Forklift accidents can be caused by:
- Overloading the forklift beyond its weight limit
- Using forklifts to lift people
- Driving forklifts off loading docks or other elevated surfaces
- Lack of maintenance, including malfunctioning brakes, steering or hydraulic systems
- Lack of safety equipment, including rollover protection devices for the driver
- Lack of training for drivers, including little or no training on backing up, turning or parking
- A work environment that encourages forklift drivers to drive too quickly
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you were injured or if your loved one was killed, schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers to learn about the compensation you may be entitled.
Our team can be reached via email or by calling 888-588-1695.