We are looking for an Accountant to work closely with our Accounting Supervisor to assist in the oversight of the accounting department’s daily operations. This position will report to the Administrator.
You will work closely with a team of accounting clerks to help manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and tax audits. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to create detailed financial reports and forecasts. To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude and be able to manage a team.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our financial management is accurate and effective.
Skills & Qualifications
Needs to be organized, motivated, team player, and eager to learn.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. Safe Harbour)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel and Access (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred, but not required
- All aspects of Financial Statement Preparation
- Financial statements and workpapers
- Accounts Receivable: Reconciliation, Writeoffs
- Bank – Transfers, Wires, Reconciliations
- Weekly Cash Report
- Safe Harbour – Accounting Software
- Accounting System Backup including Review of Validations
- Copitrak – Internal Charges
- Client Trust Review and Trust Deposit Balancing
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Balance ADP Payroll with BCBS
- ADP – Payroll Report and J/E
- File Review Reports
- Bank Loan Reconciliation
- Monthly Invoice Download (AE, LN, Accurint, Pacer, File & Serve)