On January 14, 2016, Ronnie Turner Jr. became the fifteenth attorney at Provost Umphrey Law Firm, L.L.P. to be Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Provost Umphrey is proud to have 15 of its 23 attorneys achieve this accomplishment. Other attorneys Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization include:
- Walter Umphrey - Personal Injury Trial Law and Labor & Employment Law
- Bryan O. Blevins, Jr. - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Edward Fisher - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Joe J. Fisher II - Personal Injury Trial Law
- D'Juana Parks - Personal Injury Trial Law
- James E. Payne - Personal Injury Trial Law
- David P. Wilson - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Darren Brown - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Aaryn Giblin - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Jennifer Job - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Zona Jones - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Christopher Kirchmer - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Matthew Matheny - Personal Injury Trial Law
- Doug Sikes - Criminal Law
Turner received his undergraduate degree from Lamar University, where he served as Student Body President and Vice President; he then earned his law degree from Baylor University School of Law. Turner was a member of the nationally-recognized Baylor Mock Trial Team and a finalist in the Top Gun Intramural Mock Trial Competition. Ronnie has been practicing law with Provost Umphrey since his law school graduation in 2010. He primarily practices in the areas of personal injury, premises, and products liability cases.
Board Certification is a voluntary designation program for attorneys and paralegals. To become Board Certified in a specialty area, attorneys must have been licensed to practice law for at least five years; devoted a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years; handled a wide variety of matters in the area to demonstrate experience and involvement; attended continuing education seminars regularly; been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges; and passed a 6 hour written exam.
While there are over 70,000 licensed attorneys in the state of Texas, only 8,459 are Board Certified. Out of that number, only 1,606 are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Attorneys must remain committed to their practice while completing the application process, which can take up to nine months.
Provost Umphrey has remained committed to providing outstanding legal representation for over 45 years. Congratulations to Ronnie for continuing the long-held tradition of being a Hard-Working Lawyer for Hard-Working people!