Dedicated Advocacy and Representation for Injured Workers
Since our firm was founded in Beaumont in 1969, Provost Umphrey has been a powerful and effective legal resource for injured workers seeking just compensation and families who have lost loved ones in tragic work-related accidents.
Our dedicated personal injury attorneys have taken our quest for justice for people hurt on the job throughout Texas, along the Gulf Coast and nationwide, earning thousands of beneficial verdicts and settlements for people across a wide spectrum of occupations and industries.
Many workers who are seriously injured on the job depend only on workers' compensation and health insurance benefits for support — not always realizing that other legal avenues are viable. Workers' comp laws in most states prohibit lawsuits against employers for negligence, but in many cases a contractor, equipment manufacturer or other party can be held financially accountable for an accident or other injury-causing event. Most such companies have insurance in place to cover damages and losses.
Helping Victims of Oil Industry, Construction, Maritime and Industrial Accidents
Our longstanding union commitment and participation in an emergency response program for United Steelworkers members demonstrate our absolute dedication to working Americans. We move promptly and decisively to investigate industrial accidents of all types and to take action for victims of:
- Construction accidents including falls from scaffolding or other heights, crane collapses, equipment malfunctions, forklift accidents and on-the-job motor vehicle accidents
- All types of crane accidents involving tip-overs due to instability, dropped loads from improper rigging, falls and other catastrophic events on construction sites, in oil fields and elsewhere
- Oil field and oil refinery accidents including fires and explosions
- Manufacturing plant accidents involving forklifts, malfunctioning or improperly guarded machinery such as presses, stamps and rollers, and a host of other hazards
- Admiralty and maritime injuries occurring either onshore or offshore and impacting oil industry or shipping industry workers
- Railroad worker injuries covered by the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA)
- Chemical exposure to toxic materials such as asbestos, benzene or silica dust
Determined, Trial-Proven Lawyers on Your Side: 866-672-2585
Our Texas workplace injury lawyers relentlessly pursue the evidence and witnesses necessary to win the judgments our clients need. We work with top investigators, industry experts, physicians and other attorneys when necessary — all with no up-front cost or risk for our clients. To discuss your serious work injury or tragic loss, please request a free consultation today.