Douglas C. Sikes
Douglas C. Sikes joined Provost Umphrey Law Firm in Beaumont, Texas in 1996. He has been board certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1982. In addition to criminal law defense work, Sikes also handles legal issues involving domestic relations and personal injury claims for the firm.
Sikes is licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit. He is a graduate of the South Texas College of Law in Houston, and Lamar University in Beaumont.
Sikes worked as an administrative law judge for the Texas State Comptroller's Office in Austin, Texas from 1976 through 1978, and served as an assistant district attorney for Jefferson County, Texas from 1979 through 1984.
Year Joined Firm
Certified Legal Specialties
- Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1982
- Texas, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1975
- Lamar University - 1970
Past Employment Positions
- State Comptrollers Office, Administrative Law Judge
- Jefferson County, Texas, Assistant District Attorney, 1979 - 1984
- Moore & Sikes, Member, 1984 - 1996
- Swearingen, Clark & Sikes, Member, 1984 - 1996