Bryan O. Blevins Jr.
Bryan O. Blevins, Jr., a native of Lufkin, Texas, earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and History from Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas in 1987. He earned his law degree from the Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas in 1990. While attending Baylor, he was a merit scholar; a member of various Moot and Mock Court Teams and the National Order of Barristers.
Mr. Blevins joined Provost*Umphrey in 1990 specializing in personal injury law and becoming a firm equity partner in 2007. Over the last twenty years, Bryan has prepared, tried and appealed numerous personal injury and civil litigation matters, including toxic tort, medical malpractice, defective products, industrial negligence and civil rights. He earned his board certification in personal injury trial law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1995.
Bryan was Baylor Young Lawyer of the Year in 2005 and been recognized by his peers as a Texas Super Lawyer since its inception. On behalf of Provost*Umphrey and its many clients, Mr. Blevins currently serves on the Texas Asbestos MDL Liaison Committee; the Trust Advisory Committee (TAC) for the JT Thorpe, ShookFletcher, Asarco, AC&S, Kaiser Silica and DII Silica Trusts; the Creditors Committees for Pittsburgh Corning (asbestos) and APGreen (silica) and as the asbestos liaison to the Texas Legislature for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. Within the firm, Bryan serves as administrator, trial coordinator and litigator for its asbestos department including direct coordination of over 10,000 cases and assists with the administration and strategic planning of other mass tort dockets.
Outside the firm, Bryan's first priority is his family closely followed by his commitment to Wesley United Methodist Church, Legacy Christian Academy and The Walk to Emmaus community.
- Debra Felps (409) 835-6000, email@example.com
Areas of Practice
- Asbestos Litigation
- Negotiation and Administration
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas - 1990
- Southern Methodist University - 1987
- Asbestos Seminars on matters concerning the Civil Justice System, Texas Legislature
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters Business, 2003 - 2010
- Baylor Young Lawyer, 2007 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Southeast Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Fifth Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association
- Port Arthur Bar Association